Thursday, August 18, 2011

The fine art of the cheat

Ok, I'll freely admit it, I had my first item off the plan today.  I had a work training that ran long, and didn't bring a snack with me (bad pre-planning, I know), so I went over to Starbucks and got a tall skinny iced caramel macchiato.  Only 100 calories, although the carb content is rather obscene.  But I'm not going to feel bad about it.  I needed the caffeine, and it was a skinny option for the time.  I am on my way out the door to walk this thing off, plus some.  I don't feel like I need more sugar, I don't feel like I need to cheat more, and I came home and had my curried salmon and salad for lunch.  I did notice that the caramel tasted excessively sweet - almost made my teeth hurt.  I think that's a good sign.  Back on course and heading for the next five pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment