Friday, August 19, 2011

PMS - The Silent Diet Killer

This is the time I've been dreading.  I'll get going on diet programs and do great, and then the PMS rears its ugly head.  It's been a lot worse over the last three years or so, and it affects every aspect of my life - work, relationships, diet, sleep, you name it.  And I get the absolute worst cravings for all the comfort foods - cookies, ice cream, donuts.  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!  I'm looking at this as my first real challenge in this program.  Things have been going along pretty well, but the real challenge is upon me.  This will probably go on for the next five days, and once the monthly begins, the worst of it tapers off.  I will need all the support and willpower and inner strength I can muster to make it through these days.  If I can get past this, I'll know for sure that I'm ready to make this happen.  I'm going to go engage in some positive self-talk - possibly non-stop for a few hours.  :)  I did get some gardening in today, which makes me feel good, so if the weather holds up, I think I'll go out and pull weeds every time a craving comes on.  Maybe I'll actually get my garden finished this year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment